- This event has passed.
Virtual Round Table Investment Opportunities in Nigeria
April 29 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
CMPD, an inter-governmental organization, working on addressing migration issues, and the American Business Council invite interested U.S. companies to the virtual round table on “Investment opportunities in Nigeria” to introduce a new public-private initiative, aiming at facilitating investment in Nigeria, creating jobs and training opportunities for youth, thereby tackling some of the root causes of irregular migration.
The initiative includes a Business Park to provide security and quality infrastructure to international and Nigerian investors, the Centre of Practical Skills to upscale and certify Nigerian workers based on international standards and the Start-Up Centre to support local entrepreneurship.
All three are being developed in Enugu, on a campus of Godfrey Okoye University, a key partner of the project. The initiative is supported by the Austrian Development Bank, the European Investment Bank and the German Corporation for International Cooperation (GIZ).
- H.E. Richard Adeniyi Adebayo, Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Michael Spindelegger, Director General, ICMPD, Austria
- Margaret Olele, CEO, American Business Council, Nigeria
- Andreas Gebauer, CEO, European Business Park, Enugu
- Alexander Muterko, Project Manager, ICMPD, Austria
- Laura Laubichler, Project Officer, ICMPD, Austria
To register click here.
Date: 29th of April, 2021
Time: 3pm WAT | 10am EST